The company was initiated with a major focus of filling the gaps in the agricultural sector of Uganda and Africa. We realized that most farmers were making a lot of losses in their businesses just because they lacked information access and technical guidance.
We want to make farming one of the biggest and most reliable businesses of all times and attract the young majority population into the value chain.
We came up to create solutions for Africa’s agribusiness sector.
1. Already practicing farmers
2. New farmers in diaspora and cooperate class
3. Marginalized Women and youth farmer groups
1. Since 2017, We have trained over 10,000 farmers mainly youth & women and other farmers focused on smart practices in all regions of Uganda like: Arua, Jinja, lira, Gulu, Mbarara, Mbale, Sheema ,Busia, Iganga, Wakiso, Luwero, Kiboga, Mutukula, Hoima, Buikwe, Bushenyi,
Kashari ,Migadde, kalangala and many other places working directly and also through partnerships with 7 NGOs
2. We have setup 100 urban organic gardens for people in their homes around Wakiso, Kampala, Mukono and Mbarara.
3. We have organized 20 workshops and trainings in urban farming and other enterprises including mushroom production and vegetable backyard farming at our offices. Other topics we have trained in are; Rabbit farming, tomato farming, water melon growing, pumpkin growing, strawberry growing, passion fruit farming and others.
4. Our founder and CEO was hosted on NBS TV a national television in Uganda on a business perspective program to share his story and thought on smart urban farming. This was a great achievement as it opened us to a bigger scope of awareness. We have also been hosted on different TV stations like BBS TV, ABS TV and radio stations like Kingdom FM in Kampala, Mercy FM in Mbarara district and Tropical FM in
5. Our founders’ story was also posted in the national newspapers Saturday monitor seeds of gold as an inspiring and empowering story.
6. Our founder also participated in the Open Ed fellowship cohort 3 where they were trained in business modeling
and management on international standards.
7. We have written and published almost 10 farming booklets about different crop enterprises for our farmers. These have helped them know what to do and how to do it for the success of their enterprises. We are currently selling these booklets online to our elite
8. Our founder was invited to participate in the AU-Ibur workshop in Accra which was in Dec 2019 where we represented young people from Uganda and shared the work we are doing in Uganda.
9. In 2019-20 we managed to be the national winners of an agricultural ICT challenge and we were funded 20,000 to pilot our concept of a farmers call center in Arua to serve over 50,000 farmers in west Nile region.
10. We have raised a big following on social media with over 5000 people on WhatsApp and 20,000 followers on Facebook and over 10,000 on Tiktok